miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2012

Tadej Stajner research

The other day, Labra shared with us some research work made by Tadej Štajner. I found very interesting two of his papers, related with entity resolution and desambiguation. I think it would be very interesting for both BCN mediator and Periodicis (the first of the papers bases his research in news archives).

I left you the links below:
This is a very short paper, but it explains very well the problem about find related news with a certain topic.
Story link detection with entity resolution 
by Tadej Štajner, Marko Grobelnik
http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-491/semse2009_24.pdf

In this second paper, Štajner describes some methods for indetifying and resolving entities from structured data using semi-structure background knowledge database.
From unstructured to linked data: entity extraction and disambiguation by collective similarity maximization, Identity and reference
by Tadej Štajner
You can download it from Mendeley, but you need to have an account.
http://www.mendeley.com/download/public/22724/111124129/96600a8a71432d4ee7ca53e0308b7ada1e337707/dl.pdf

This is the Tadej Štajner's profile in Mendeley in which you could find more related work about these topics.
http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/tadej-tajner/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario